Integrated Water Initiative
Community-based initiative to identify actions promoting a healthy river that ensures a vibrant agricultural community and maintains healthy fisheries while protecting water rights, quantity, and quality with respect for the local customs, cultures, and property rights.
The Conservation Districts' Fall 2020 Newsletter focuses solely on the WRIWI. Click on the button to read the Newsletter in its entirety.
Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) Members
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife - David Graf
- Douglas Creek Conservation District - Ron Reich, Rosaly Coombs
- Fishing Rep - Colton Brown, Brett Harvey
- Irrigation Rep - Stu Massey
- Rio Blanco County - Gary Moyer
- Rio Blanco County Farm Bureau - Forrest Nelson, Albert Krueger
- Rio Blanco Stockgrowers - Jon Hill
- Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District - Alden Vanden Brink/ Vince Wilczek
- River's Edge West - Rusty Loyd/John Leary
- Town of Meeker - Travis Day
- Town of Rangely - Don Reed, Mike Dillon
- Trout Unlimited - Brian Hodge
- West Slope Colorado Oil and Gas Assn. - Steve Hale
- White River Alliance - Deirdre Macnab, Shawn Welder
- White River Conservation District - Chris Collins, Neil Brennan
- Yellow Jacket Water Conservancy District - Walt Proctor
The White River Public Input Report summarizes information regarding local citizens' thoughts on developing a White River water management plan. This information was gathered through individual interviews, focus groups, public input sessions, and comments via website. Please revisit this page frequently for updates.
A subcommittee of the PAC listed above is in the process of refining the information from the White River Public Input Report and developing a preliminary scope of work (SOW). The PAC will then review and edit the SOW before it is vetted by the public again. Once the public has reviewed and provided input, the PAC will finally submit it to the White River and Douglas Creek Conservation District Boards. At that time the Districts will take appropriate action based on the PAC's recommendations.
Resources / Studies
Liz Chandler firstname.lastname@example.org
White River and Douglas Creek Conservation Districts